8th Jan 2014
iVideo Screen Shot
I have shot a lot of video over the years and although I have assigned a separate media drive ( which is backed up ) on which to store all my video – clips – projects and finalised movies etc. it has become difficult to keep track of what is where and be able to easily revue any clip quickly.
The pros mostly use CAT DV but it is too pricy for the likes of myself. I searched long and hard and eliminated many alternatives. However, iVideo @ $20 has met my needs very well. However, it does take a bit of figuring out sincelacking a manual or YouTube tutorials 🙁
Her are a few hints resulting from my initial experience :
- Start by looking at the Preferences – Here is where you select the settings for :
- First Enter a suitable name for your first library > Enter
- Next look at “When adding videos – – – – by clicking the tiny arrows
- You probably should not change this default !
- Next is : When updating this Library —- select one of the 3 options
- The most powerful for me is the Smart Library Rules —
- NOT in
- Hidden Folder
- System Folder
- Choose a folder
Next up to find a similar way to keep track of all the Royalty Free Audio that I create mostly using Sonicfire Pro’s Smartsound.